By the end of the training participants will have an awareness of:
The course starts at 9:30 and finishes at 12.30. The invoice will be sent to you once the course is confirmed to take place but no later than 4 weeks prior to the course.
- Care Act duties of assessment and support toward informal carers
- How Care Act safeguarding duties apply to informal carers
- How abuse and neglect can flow from insufficient support to carers
- Care and support statutory guidance: guidance on safeguarding and informal carers
- Stresses and strains on informal carers and where these can lead
- Reminder that Care Act safeguarding duties refer to protection from abuse or neglect (not protection from harm) – and why this is an important distinction, in relation to informal carers
- Informal carers caring for a person who lacks capacity, including basic care and manual handling issues
- Criminal offences that can arise in circumstances of informal care: including wilful neglect, ill treatment, manslaughter, murder, theft, fraud.
Please ensure that you complete every field. All addresses and phone numbers need to be written out in full. Please do not write 'see above'. Failure to complete fields may result in your not being allocated a place.
By taking part in this online questionnaire, you will be consenting to your data being used. Under the Data Protection Act we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. The information will only be used for the purposes described above and will not be kept longer than is necessary to do so, up to a maximum of two years. We will not share your personal details with any agency unless we have concerns that you or another individual may be at risk of harm or if it is required by law. We do not collect personal information for commercial purposes.